Having an account with Amazon has not only become important but a basis if you need to learn about cloud computing services.
Let me take it from the beginning. I will be talking about how to create an AWS account and how to create an AWS account as a student.
Let’s get right into it.
HOW TO CREATE A FREE AWS ACCOUNT
Creating a free account comes with lots of benefits.
In opening an account, two basics are gained.
- It is always free: Relatively for 12 months.
- There is room for trials for what type of computing services to be used.
Based on some services on AWS, there are other benefits also, thus:
- Amazon SES(Simple Email Service) allows free email services with 62,000 free outbound messages.
- Amazon SQS(Simple Queue Service) makes room for free scalable services such as one million queues for storing messages.
- Amazon EFS( Elastic File System) gives 5GB of storage.
- Amazon SNS(Simple Notification Service) allows over one million notification services such as publishes and HTTP deliveries.
- Amazon DynamoB : 25GB database storage usage present
- AWS Database Migration Service allows 50GB of database storage.
- Amazon Glacier gives 10GB of free storage retrievals per month.
- Elastic Load Balancing: makes compute services 750 shared hours between application and classic load balancers.
- Amazon Lambda allows one million free compute requests per month.
- AWS CloudFront gives 50GB of data transfer out and 2,000,000n of HTTP requests.
- Amazon Cloudwatch works as a developer tool and gives about 10 custom metrics and alarms with over 1000 API requests.
- Amazon Cognito allows 50,000nmobile user identity and synchronization services per month.
- AWS CodePipeline gives you one active pipeline per month for developing
- AWS CodeBuild also gives 100 build minutes for software deployment.
- AWS Connect involves customer engagement and allows 90 minutes of amazon free usage.
And there are so much more…….
Amazon Web services have made cloud computing beneficial to your business and also ease the stress of running your infrastructure.
Below are the steps in opening a free account
- Use your favourite browser( google chrome or Microsoft edge) and type aws.amazon.com .
- Click on create an AWS account that is highlighted at the top right.
- On the sign up page it will be required of you to fill some credentials such as your email address, password, confirm password and your preferred account name.
- This step shows your contact information which involves how you plan to use AWS(personal or business), full name , phone number, address and country present. Read the terms and conditions and add a tick. Proceed to the next step.
- Proceed to fill your billing information with your credit or debit card, expiration date, Cardholders name, CVV and billing address. Click on verify and continue.
- Afterwards, an OTP(One Time Password) will be sent to your phone number and it is advisable to have at least $1 in your bank account. This is important as it shows you have no intention of fraudulent activities. Verification of the account is based on your country as some countries have a faster verification than others.
- When you click on the next button, there is an identification section which involves a verification code which can be sent as text or audio, country, region and security check. Click on the SMS button and you will get a code on your mobile phone. Enter the code and click on verify code
- ‘Your identity has been verified’ is the next thing to see if done properly and then you press on continue.
- There are 3 plans to be seen; basic plan(free), developer plan, and business plan. Pick your choice.
- Conclusively, a registration confirmation page is presented and it may take 30 minutes to 1 hour to activate your account fully.
There you have it… Your free AWS account.
A common question is asked. ‘Can I access this a student?’
The answer is yes. Here is how:
How to open an AWS account as a student.
- Use your favourite browser and log on to AWS educate
- Navigate to Join AWS Educate and click on the student bar.
- You will be asked to fill in some requirements such as School name, Full name, Email. Birth month and year, Country, Graduation month and year
- Then click on I am not a robot check box
- Click on next and agree with the terms and conditions by ticking it.
- Enter the submit button.
- Verify with your email
- Your account is set up in less than 30 minutes.
I hope this article was impactful.
Please follow or subscribe for more cloud related contents.